Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Future Soldier's view on Army Values!


The Seven Army Values: Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage. Loyalty to me means that I will stand by my family no matter what battles we are going through; I WILL always be there for my family. Duty to me means that whatever job or task I have to do, it’s my duty to complete the task and to make sure I fulfill whatever duty I may have 100%.  Respect is a big one for me, in parts of my life, respect was really hard to come by because I would doubt myself in certain areas and allow myself to be taken advantage of. However, I was able to bounce back and be stronger than ever and earn the respect that I deserve.  You have to respect yourself before others will respect you.  I am big on selfless service; the kids I work with call me superwoman becuase I always do more than what I'm asked to d – it’s just who I AM.  Honor was the day I enlisted.  I stand proud to say that when I tell my peers, family and friends my next journey they are proud of me. Integrity means that you are true to your views; you stay consistent about who you are and don’t change for anyone. My favorite one is personal courage. Before I enlisted, I had a weight issue and I knew before I could join I had to drop a lot of weight. I knew I had to get the courage to do this and I had no problem making my recruiter aware of this.  But, I also had people who doubted me saying “Naaaa, you’re not going to join.” Yet, with the help of the best recruting office and my Future Solider peers, I enlisted and accomplished my dream of being Army Strong!   

Army Future Soldier
Sonya Short

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to be one of the first to leave a comment. I just want you to know that I am very proud of you my cousin. I will keep you in my prayers as you move on with your new journey. I've actually told a number of people about you and everyone is so intrigued as they should be. You're amazing! Love you!!! Your cousin Kita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comments, you will make a great addition to our Army!

    SSG Mayberry

    ReplyDelete