Thursday, September 29, 2011

Future Soldier Michael David

I have wanted to join the military since I was 18, but something always ended up coming up that made me change my mind.  I recently enlisted in the Army and I am shipping out in November of this year, and will be the Army's next great Combat Medic.  When I first walked into the recruiting command none of the recruiters there believed that I was serious about joining because of my appearance.  I weighed 265 lbs and was 42% body fat, but I knew that it was something that I was absolutely determined to do.  Since April 1st of this year I have lost 70 lbs and 27% body fat.  I cannot wait to ship and I know that this is the best decision of my life.

Before

 Ready for BCT!


4 comments:

  1. Thats a great goal to have!!!! This story can be proof to anyone else that if you set your mind to something, you can do it!!!! Many people believe they don't have the time or they are just born "hefty", but anyone can change their fitness. Whether its walking around the block a couple of times a day, or a full fledged gym membership. Way to go and keep up the good work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! And best of luck!
    (Ret.) 1SG Alvarez

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing. What did you do to lose that much weight so fast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I'm excited to read this. I've done almost the same. I went to a recruiter at 205 pounds, now I've lost 25 pounds and have 15 more to lose, but it'll be cake :) I went back again two days ago to get taped and I only have a few more pounds to go!! You encouraged me.

    ReplyDelete