Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Salute to the Army.

Happy Birthday Army!!!  You are turning 236 years young today.  Well, I would just like to say that it is an honor to be in the Army today.  When I think about the Army turning 236 I think about how many patriotic men and women got to serve their country.  People like me that get to do a great service to our country and protect our freedoms over the years.  The Army has brought so much to our country and our local communities as well. 
The Army has always been something that I wanted to do ever since I was a young boy.  I looked up to Soldiers, they were the real super-men and women.  My dad was in the Army, and he was, and still is, my idol today.  So ever since then I knew that is what I wanted to be, an Army Soldier. 
Watching my dad when I was younger, putting on his uniform, lacing up his boots, and watching how proud he was to be wearing the uniform - I couldn’t wait to join and be a Soldier, and wear the uniform as proud as my dad did.  Then when I was old enough, I joined, and it has been full of great life experiences ever since.
The camaraderie that you will find in the Army is something that you will not find anywhere else.   In my Army career I have met some of my best friends, who have always been there for me.  I have had great NCO’s, and leadership that have made me the Soldier and NCO that I am today. 
It doesn’t matter if you joined the Army when it was “Be All That You Can Be,”  “Army of one,” or “Army Strong.”  It doesn’t matter if you joined when they had “pickle suits,” or ACU’s, we are still one family that will work together and accomplish the mission whatever it may be.  So, Army, I guess what I am trying to say is thank you and it has been an honor being part of your family.

SGT Lunger

No comments:

Post a Comment