Thursday, November 3, 2011

Future Soldier Kevin Arguello

Well, I'm originally from Spain. I was born there, I studied there, I have my
friends and family there... Everything. Once I was thinking about my future after finishing High School; my first thought was joining the military. I won't lie, it was difficult to leave everything behind and come here with some relatives to start a new life by my own. The journey has been as difficult as it could be for someone whose parents are Spanish and American: Problems here and problems there! But the thought of giving up never crossed my mind. I kept fighting for what I wanted. For my dream. For my future.

I studied for the ASVAB really hard (as I said, my English level is pretty good but
not as good as someone who lived here all his life, so I had difficulties to study in another language, even if I knew 90% what I was reading or working on). I submitted all my package materials, including my transcripts from High School, reported to MEPS several times, talked to the recruiters, passed my medical check-ups and picked the job I wanted based on my score and my capabilities... And FINALLY, signed my contract:The contract that offered me the greatest training and resources for my future.

I chose 68W opt. 40 (Combat Medic Airborne Ranger). I couldn't be more satisfied and proud of myself: Proud of what I've accomplished on my own, with hard work, a daily strong mind setting of what I want and what I know I'm able to do.

I came here Sept. 2010 and signed April 2011; Nothing is free, but my story definitely shows that you can get what you want if you really want it.

Hope this helps other people to fight or keep fighting for their dreams.

We all are part of the brotherhood now.

HOOAH Future Soldiers and all service members of the military!

No comments:

Post a Comment