Friday, May 11, 2012


Future Soldier Erica Garbers
Hello, my name is Erica Garbers. I am 19 years old. Towards the end of January this year, I enlisted as a 91D (Power Generation Equipment Repairer). I am very excited to be leaving for basic combat training in June. I joined the Army in order to become more independent; and also prove to myself that I can do anything I set my mind to.
After being stuck in a small town in central Indiana all of my life I decided I needed a change. Growing up, I was an honor student and always thought that college would be where I would thrive. Within my first semester I decided that even though I enjoyed the challenges college brought, it wasn't a place I truly wanted to be. The second I stepped into the recruiting office I felt as though the pressure of the world was lifted off my shoulders and that this was where I was meant to be. I have already noticed a change within myself after signing my contract.
So far, my process has been both nerve wracking and exciting. I have already met some amazing people along the way and can hardly wait to be part of the Army family. Physically and mentally to prepare myself for BCT I have been working out regularly, as well as learning the Soldiers creed and the general orders (I finally memorized them both!) I am very proud to become an American Soldier. Hooah!

No comments:

Post a Comment