Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tone Eberhart

Hello. My name is Tone' Eberhart. Every since I was a child, I grew up with only stories about my grandfather who served and died fighting in the Vietnam War. The stories of his legacy were like music to my ears. It sparked an interest and I had always wanted to join and follow in his footsteps; but there was only one problem. I was horribly obese.

I was always the fattest guy of my class. As I got older, more reasons became apparent in my life as to why I wanted to join the Army. Some included wanting to help keep the greatest country on earth safe; and to make myself a part of something bigger than myself; to give back to this country that has nurtured me since birth. However, there was still that one issue. I weighed WAY TOO MUCH to qualify for the Army. When I finally went to see a recruiter he told me to lose a certain amount of weight and to come back and see him. Honestly I thought to myself that he probably didn't take me seriously since I was an amazing 320 POUNDS!!!

What he didn't know was that I was a HIGHLY MOTIVATED and DEDICATED INDIVIDUAL...I was told to only lose "SOME" weight, but I never really accepted the bare minimum. I ended up losing over 80 pounds and totally transformed my image. I did it without buying gym memberships, weight pills or anything that could offer an easy outlet. ONLY HARD WORK PAYS OFF. After that was complete I proudly signed my contract with a sense of accomplishment and an attitude that I was truly ARMY STRONG. My MOS is 35N (Signal Intelligence Analyst). I'm headed out pretty soon and I believe if I can do it then NOTHING CAN STOP ME...HOOAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment