Thursday, August 25, 2011

Future Soldier Henry Ramos

I don't come from a military family, my dad was a mechanic in the Air Force, and that's about it. But I grew up watching all the war movies, then playing with G.I. Joe's, and playing video games and all that. But that only sparked my interest; as I grew older and into my teenage years, my respect and passion for the military had only grown. I still watched the movies, all the TV shows, and military channel and all that good stuff, but I also saw some documentaries, like Restrepo, the best documentary I had ever seen. It shows who the Soldiers really are, they goof off, talk, play guitar, play video games like regular people, but then in action, they are strictly professional, and focus on the task at hand. I want to join the United States Army because I love this country, I love the people in it, the opportunities it provides, and everything about it. And sure, there are ways to give back to your community and your country, but nothing as great, and selfless, as the U.S. Military. I want to stand up for those who can't for themselves, fight for freedom, for honor, for my family, and for my country. And I am proud to say I will be at MEPS soon and I will be a part of something greater than myself, the U.S. Army. I can say for a fact, it will be the proudest moment in my civilian life. HOOAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment