Thursday, January 5, 2012

Future Soldier Jesse Shelley

Hello! I am writing this for my husband, because he is so humble I know he won't write one. My husband is a Future Soldier, and I think he deserves to be featured on this blog. He wanted to join the military right out of high school, but never did. Now at 24 years of age, and three little girls later his job provides mostly what we need, but we struggle. My husband decided he was going to join the Army to provide better for the family. When he decided to join we couldn't get a hold of the recruiters here, in Myrtle Beach South Carolina, because they were out of the office for the weekend. We called to different cities to find out if he could even join the military, but because of having three children, he was told no several times.

Never giving up, finally Monday morning we reached a recruiter in the home office, and we were given some hope when he was told yes they will probably accept him, but he will need a waiver. We found out at this time that waivers were hard to get, but God opened doors, and after a long process he received his waiver, and will leave for basic training in a month. I am proud of my husband for following through with his dream even though it is a few years later, and also for standing up, and taking care of his family, and never giving up. He has been so dedicated to his PT, and has been making massive improvement. He started at not even being able to run a mile, since he never ran before, now he is up to 4 and a half!! I am proud of my husband, and Future Soldier!

Private Jesse Shelley
MOS: Horizontal Construction Engineer 12N
Myrtle Beach, S.C.

1 comment: